vendredi 19 juin 2015

DIY Minimalist cups

Sometimes, it's nice to stay simple. Minimalism is a good stay of mind.
The more I grow up, the more I see resemblances with my mother.
As far back as I can remember, she has always loved table/kitchenware. Every Christmas or birthdays, I felt like it was the easy way out for her presents, and I didn't like it. For a long time I wondered why she was not asking for something else, something more fun, more pretty, more girly stuff etc.

It took me a while to understand her and realize that it does not matter if what I was giving her was the easy present: that's what she was asking for. And she genuinely meant it!

So, Mum, now I can finally say: I understand! My heart melts over a set of flowery delft, a wok, a silicone spoon, an oven dish or baking stuff. Merci Maman chérie ♥

But as much as I love flowers, colors and all of that, it's nice to have neutrality around us.
There is something classy about a black and white mug. When the black is deep and bold.

This little craft is inexpensive.
All you'll need is some mugs, a white board pen and a porcelain paint pen.
I personally went to Tesco, and bought two plain mugs for €1 (oh yeah!). But don't be afraid, open your press and see what can be customized, what could really do with a second life ;). I bought the porcelain pen in a craft shop, I'm pretty sure that you can find it pretty much anywhere.
                                                                  __________________

With the white board marker, draw your pattern, following your creativity.





Once you're happy with the result, two choices:
- draw over with the porcelain pen
- erase approximately the marker and paint

Let it dry and bake following the instructions on the pen (90" at 160C for mine)




Tadam!
Reward yourself, have your favorite mug-in-a-cup or just a cup of tea!





Have a look at Madeline's, you will find lovely ideas there too. Talk to ye soon little monkeys!

Ben

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire