vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Autumn decorations

Autumn is and has always been, my favorite season. I just love the colors, and the atmosphere.
Everything changes : the weather, the landscape, the time (one extra hour in bed calls for celebration!) and the moods.

This year, I wanted to celebrate and welcome Autumn ! 
I really like matching my home decoration with the seasons/big events (next one on the line => Christmas !!!!!). 

I have few DIY to share with you today in order to dress a room, a corner, a shelf... 

First things first, in order to make sure your leaves won't get rotten, quickly clear varnish spray them, on a cardboard and ideally outdoors. Spray them on both sides and let dry for 24 hours.



The following day, gather together all your leaves, pine cones, strings, glue guns etc. 



In the sitting room, we have a gorgeous fireplace that keeps us warm and cosy. I could stare at the fire for hours and hours, without getting tired of it.

I had decided to decorate the mantelpiece to accentuate the Autumn feel of the room with a candle, a garland and two decorative jars.
I didn't have big jars when I did my DIYs, so I picked two big glasses in the kitchen press and used them as vase.




The pine cones are hot glued together and the cinnamon sticks, leaf and homemade string bow are glued to the candle as well.




The leaves were sewed together by the stalks, then I glued the string to the stalks to make sure they wouldn't slide on the thread. I masking taped the two sides on the mirror.

Both glasses are filled with pine cones, leaves and dried orange slices (oven 100C for 90 mins).


Tadam !




Have yourself a slice of Pumpkin Pie and enjoy the season !






Ben x

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire